NETWORK STATUS : There are no known faults on our network.
About Watchdog Corporation
- Watchdog was the first Internet Service Provider to provide filtered Internet access for families, schools, and businesses in New Zealand.
- Watchdog is accredited by the NZ Ministry of Education to provide Managed Internet Services (CampusNet) to all state and state-integrated schools free of charge.
- Watchdog have considerable experience in providing services to minority, immigrant and low socio-economic families. Under a scheme called Computers in Homes, we have provided low cost filtered Internet connections to hundreds of families around New Zealand, in conjunction with a charitable trust.
Launched under the name of Familynet in August 1999, we covered the Auckland area but extended our coverage nationwide in November and were immediately successful in securing a major share of the filtered Internet business in New Zealand. Around the end of the year a number of schools were also connected to our service as it became apparent that there was a need for filtered Internet to protect students on the Internet.
In April 2000 we changed our name from Familynet to Watchdog, as it was felt that Familynet was not the ideal name for the school and business markets that were becoming more important for our business. To address these markets directly, Familynet became Family Watchdog for our home users, Campus Watchdog was introduced for schools, and Corporate Watchdog was introduced for business users.
There is increasing demand for our filtering in the Corporate sector as businesses are keen to increase productivity by limiting web access and at the same ensure the safety of their employees. Limiting web access also reduces their bandwidth costs significantly.
Watchdog continues to be the leading filtered Internet service in New Zealand and we are regarded as the benchmark to which other competing services are compared.
Watchdog offers it services by direct sales and also through partnerships with companies in New Zealand and Australia. Please contact us if you are interested in becoming a Watchdog partner.
Watchdog is a privately owned company with the majority of shares being held by the directors and employees.
To provide our customers with the best possible experience of the internet by consistently making it a safer and more productive resource – for families, businesses and education alike.
- To aggressively evolve, market and provide a customised range of Family, Corporate and Campus services that best satisfy the unique demands of these customer groups.
- To use the best available technology to remove what customers determine to be inappropriate or counter-productive material from their access to the Internet.
- To operate with integrity, honesty, energy and a passion for what we do.
- To be innovative, responsive, flexible and customer focussed.
- To recognise and value the role of staff, customers, stakeholders and the broader community in the on-going success of our business.